Vermicelli (Namkeen Sewaia)
- 2 cups of vermicelli
- 1 medium sized capsicum cut into thin slices
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped
- ½ tsp of cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp of red chili powder
- 1-2 green chilies as per taste
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp of garam masala
- 1 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp of refined oil
- Boil 6 cups of water in a pan
- Add 1 tbsp of refined oil and ½ tsp of salt.
- As the water starts to boil put vermicelli in it and let it boil on low flame. Stir in between. Take out a string of vermicelli and press with fingers to check if has boiled.
- Once done strain and pour some fresh water and leave it aside so that the water can strain out completely.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add green chilies and onions. Saute onions till 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cover the lid. Let it cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add capsicum and cover the lid for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- And add salt (we have already added some salt at the time of boiling so careful about the amount of the salt to be added at this step of cooking) and garam masala.
- Add boiled vermicelli and mix gently. Cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame. Stir in between gently.