Bharwa Shimla Mirch ( Stuffed Capsicum)
1. 4 small sized capsicum
2. 3 medium sized boiled potatoes
3. 1 medium sized onion finally chopped
4. ½ tsp of ginger garlic paste
5. ¼ tsp of cumin seeds
6. ½ tsp garam masala
7. ½ tsp red chili powder
8. ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
9. ½ tsp of amchur powder
10. 1 tsp of coriander powder
11. 1-2 green chilies (as per taste)
12. Salt to taste
13. 4 tbsp of refined oil
• Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl and keep aside.
• Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
• Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
• Add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
• Add green chilies.
• Add onion and sauté till they become transparent.
• Add turmeric powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, amchur powder and salt. Mix well.
• Add mashed potatoes and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
• Remove from the flame and keep aside.
• Cut the top of the capsicum in a round shape. Keep the tops aside.
• Remove all the seeds carefully and make sure the capsicum does not break.
• Fill the capsicum with the potato filling. Stuff well. Cover with the round lids of the capsicum.
• In a kadai heat 3 tbsp of refined oil. Place the capsicum carefully in the oil.
• Cover with the lid and let them simmer for 5-7 minutes.
• Cook the capsicum till all the sides are roasted well.
Serve hot in main course with chapatti or naan.