Moong Dal Chilla
1. 1 cup of whole moong dal (green moong dal)
2. 1 medium sized onion finally chopped
3. ¼ tsp of ginger (1 inch piece of ginger)
4. 1-2 green chilies (as per taste)
5. ½ tsp garam masala
6. ½ tsp chat masala
7. Salt to taste
8. 2 tbsp of refined oil
• Soak the moong dal for 5-6 hrs.
• Drain excess water from the dal and grind the moong dal and ginger in a mixer to make a fine paste.
• Add onion, green chilies, salt, garam masala and chat masala to the mixture. Mix well.
• Heat a non stick pan and spread some oil on it.
• Pour a tablespoon of mixture in the pan and thinly spread in a round shape.
• Drizzle some oil on the edges of the chilla.
• Cook until the bottom turns golden brown and crisp.
• Flip carefully and drizzle some oil on the sides again and cook till it also turns golden brown.
Serve hot with tomato sauce or pudina chatni.