Dry Kale Chanae/Sukhae Chanae (Dry Black Chickpeas)
1. 1 cup of black chana (black chickpeas) soaked overnight or for 8-9 hours
2. ½ tsp of cumin seeds
3. ½ tsp of ginger finely gratted
4. 1 green chili as per taste chopped
5. ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
6. ¼ tsp of deghi lal mirch powder
7. ½ tsp of garam masala
8. Salt to taste
9. 2 tbsp of mustard oil (sarso oil)
• Wash the kala chana and soak it into the water overnight/ 8-10 hours.
• Pressure cooker the chana for 2-3 whistles with some salt in them. Use the same water for boiling the chana in which they were soaked overnight. After boiling drain all the water and keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan.
• Add cumin seeds and let then crackle.
• Add ginger and green chilies and saute.
• Add salt, turmeric powder, deghi mirch and garam masala. Mix well (keep a check on the quantity of salt to add at this step as we have already added some salt while boiling the chanae into the pressure cooker).
• Add the chanae to the masala. Mix with delicate hands so that chanae do not get mashed up. Cover with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Remove lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes without lid.
Serve hot with chapatti or parathas.