1. One large baigan/eggplant
2. Mustard oil (sarso oil) for deep frying
3. 1 tsp of garam masala
4. 1 tsp of red chilli powder
5. Salt to taste
• Wash the Baingan and dry it
• Cut it into half inch round slices.
• Heat oil in a pan.
• One by one deep fry all the slices of baingan.
• Fry it on medium flame till the slices turn crispy and golden brown on both the sides. Do not over fry as the slices will turn bitter.
• Drain the slices on an absorbent paper.
• On each slice sprinkle salt, garam masala and red chilli powder as per taste.
Serve hot Baingan bhajja with chappati.
1. Mustard oil makes bhajja crispy but it can be fried in refined oil also.
2. You can either shallow fry or deep fry baingan slices
3. Baingan onces cut into slices quicky turns blackish so slice it just before frying.